BREAKING: Chelsea part ways with Mauricio Pochettino after one season

Chelsea and manager Mauricio Pochettino have gone their separate ways, the club confirmed on their official website on Tuesday, Soccernet.football reports.Pochettino was appointed manager of the Londoners on the first of July last year with the Argentine inking a two-year contract with the option of a further year.....CONTINUE READING THE ARTICLE FROM THE SOURCE

However, after Chelsea failed to challenge for the Premier League title and miss out on securing a Champions League spot, Pochettino has had to leave after just one season at Stamford Bridge.

The 52 year old former Totenham Hotspur gaffer oversaw an underwhelming first half of the campaign for Chelsea but he eventually turned things around to lead the Blues to a sixth-place finish in the EPL.

The Londoners also reached the final of the Carabao Cup where they finished as runners-up and reached the semi-finals of the FA Cup.

However, Chelsea have decided they would rather head in a different direction with another manager.

“Thank you to the Chelsea ownership group and Sporting Directors for the opportunity to be part of this football club’s history,” Mauricio Pochettino said. “The Club is now well positioned to keep moving forward in the Premier League and Europe in the years to come.’

Pochettino becomes the third manager to be sacked, following Thomas Tuchel and Graham Potter, since Todd Boehly and Clearlake Capital bought the club in May 2022.

“On behalf of everyone at Chelsea, we would like to express our gratitude to Mauricio for his service this season,” Chelsea’s sporting directors Laurence Stewart and Paul Winstanley said. “He will be welcome back to Stamford Bridge any time and we wish him all the very best in his future coaching career.”

Coaches Jesus Perez, Miguel d’Agostino, Toni Jimenez and Sebastiano Pochettino have also left.

Follow BREAKING NEWS Channel on WhatsApp